Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” – Romans 6:23
- Wages – Something you earn.
- Sin – Our disobedience against God. Everyone has sinned against Him at one point or another (see the “10 Commandments” Exodus 20:3-17).
- Death – We have earned physical and spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God because of our sin.
- Free Gift – A gift means you haven’t earned it, and the only thing you have to do is accept it!
- Eternal Life – Because of the free gift of God, we can have eternal life and live with Him forever.
- Christ Jesus – The only Son of God who sacrificed Himself to pay for the sins of the whole world. It is by belief in His sacrifice that we can be saved!
- Lord – When you believe in Jesus and His gift on the cross, you surrender the rest of your life to His control!
What this means for you:
You can change your life today and become a new creation. You can let go of your hurt, pain, insecurity, anxiety, anger, and fear, walking into a brand new day free from the bondage of sin. Your past does not define who you are and God loves you so much that He gave His only son to die on the cross that you might turn to Him and dedicate your life to Him. God does not want you to be lost any longer and wants you to come home to His loving arms!
You do this through a simple prayer reflecting your desire for Christ to change your life. You don’t need fancy words – only an honest heart. You can pray something like this:
Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and have displeased You in many ways. I believe You died for my sin, and only through faith in Your death and resurrection can I be forgiven. I want to turn from my sin and ask You to come into my life as my Savior and Lord. From this day on, I will follow You by living a life that pleases You. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for saving me. Amen.
Accepting Christ is just the beginning of a wonderful adventure with God! Get to know Him better in a number of ways:
- Follow Christ’s example in baptism.
- Join a church where you can worship God and grow in your faith.
- In your church, get involved in Sunday School and Bible study.
- Begin a daily personal worship experience with God where you study the Bible and pray.